REGENERATIVE MEDICINE PROGRAM
Our regenerative medicine program is focused on the body’s natural ability to regenerate and repair itself. We accomplish this by providing our patients with unique health treatments based on recent advancements in scientifically tested technologies. By incorporating the latest scientific measurement tools we are able to facilitate innovative diagnosis and recommend treatment programs.
We utilize a variety of approaches in an effort to present each patient with an individualized program best suited to their needs. They include scanner technology, a focus on improved antioxidant levels and platelet rich plasma therapy.
A painless, fast and noninvasive scan of skin tissue is now available to examine a very important antioxidant biomarker. This scientific measurement can empower our patients to make choices that will lead to improved health and a help them sustain a good quality of life.
“The amount of antioxidants you maintain in your body is directly proportional to how long and how well you’ll live” - Dr. Richard Cutler, National Institute of Health NIH
THE FREE RADICAL PROBLEM
Each day we are exposed to free radicals – unstable molecules that steal or “scavenge” electrons from other molecules. Exposure to free radical activity is a natural part of life, but in today’s highly stressful and hectic world, it’s possible to become overexposed and experience greater consequences of free radical damage. Environmental pollution, unbalanced diets, preservatives and additives in food, excessive body fat due to inactivity, mental stress, and even breathing create free radicals in your body. When left unchecked, free radical damage to your cells accumulates and can lead to serious health concerns later in life. In fact, free radical damage can cause premature aging and is a large factor in the deterioration of health over time.
How do I protect myself from free radical damage?
The best defense against free radical damage is maintaining a high level of antioxidant protection in your body. This is best realized by getting your baseline antioxidant biomarker reading. Once you have your starting score you can make positive changes to your daily habits that will improve your antioxidant status. You can limit your exposure to free radicals by doing the following:
Avoid pollution and other toxins.
Don’t smoke, and avoid secondhand smoke.
Limit your exposure to the sun and use sunblock.
Eat a balanced diet rich in colorful fruits and vegetables and supplement if necessary.
RESET YOUR GENE EXPRESSION BACK TO A YOUTHFUL PROFILE
In our Regenerative Medicine Program, we focus on youth preservation through gene expression technology. It is now possible to reset up to 1,000 of your genes back to a youthful expression. We primarily focus on the genes associated with your body’s aging defense mechanisms (ADMs). As we age, our body’s ADMs dull over time and become less efficient. Recent scientific breakthroughs surrounding the mapping of the entire human genome enable us to isolate the genes responsible for certain functions in the body. By providing the body certain compounds found in nature, which are extremely difficult to obtain through diet alone, we can scientifically measure and reset your gene expression back to a youthful pattern. We are proud to present this cutting edge technological advancement to our patients.
Main benefits from resetting your gene expression may include:*
- Reinforces the body’s protection and repair mechanisms at the cellular level.
- Positively modulates systemic cytokine responses – reducing chronic inflammation.
- Supports cellular DNA damage protection and repair.
- Provides cellular antioxidant protection.
- Supports healthy brain structure and function.
- Promotes youthful cognition and memory.
- Promotes a sense of well-being and a healthy mood.
- Sustains overall cardiovascular health.
- Promotes blood vessel integrity/elasticity, essential for healthy blood circulation.
- Supports normal blood glucose control.
- Supports healthy blood pressure regulation.
- Supports healthy lipid metabolism.
- Supports normal glucose metabolism.
- Promotes optimal skin barrier function and protection.
- Maintains optimal skin health.
- Boosts bone health and supports bone structure and integrity.
- Supports healthy joints and promotes healthy joint fluidity.
- Provides ingredients essential for healthy eye composition and protection.
- Promotes eye health and supports healthy vision.
- Enables optimal physical performance.
- Promotes healthy immune function and response.
- Supports a healthy immune system.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP) THERAPY
Platelet-rich plasma injections are a regenerative medicine therapy which can improve tissue healing and rehabilitation. They are used to improve function and decrease pain caused by various soft tissue, ligament and tendon conditions in many areas of the body.
Blood is drawn from a patient and placed into a centrifuge – a tool which separates the blood into its many components. Once the platelets are separated they can be specifically harvested for injection into the injured bone, joint or soft tissue area of the body. The injected platelets cause the body to release growth factors that recruit and increase the proliferation of reparative cells called mesenchymal stem cells.
Common injuries that can benefit from PRP therapy include:
- Chronic lateral epicondylitis – tennis elbow.
- Chronic medial epicondylitis – golfer’s elbow.
- Achilles tendinosis.
- Rotator cuff injuries.
- Medial collateral ligament (MCL) injuries.